Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Dear Ladies, Good Men DO Exist! Stop Being So Impatient



"Chivalry is dead."

"In this 'Peter Pan Generation', men are never going to grow up."

"We are in the 'hookup generation'; therefore marriage is dead, and staying with one person for life is becoming a thing of the past."

I have read numerous articles written by irritated women who are basically giving up on the dating

scene because "good men don't exist anymore". While I do agree that good men aren't as easy to find, I also believe that these articles are only worsening the value of relationships, and potentially marriage. They are helping to create excuses for a man's lack of efforts and for women who take the easy route and lower her standards because "it's just how the generation is now".

Why are men supposed to keep striving and putting in effort when women are going around telling the world that all of it is a thing of the past? This is also creating a belief for women that good men don't exist anyway, so if you don't want to be single, you'd better just suck it up and date a "Peter Pan".

As a single girl in her mid twenties, I understand that scary belief that Mr. Right doesn't exist any longer. I have even said some of the statements listed above myself.

Because of the bad attitude I was starting to develop, I decided to take a break from dating couple of months ago and have been reflecting on the dates I've been on for the past year. When I look back, I think about the man who brought me flowers when I cooked him dinner one night. I remember the few who opened the passenger door to their car for me. I still smile when I reminisce about the man who offered his arm and walked on the outside of the sidewalk after he treated me to a nice dinner.

Ladies, chivalry is not dead. Yes, we encounter plenty of the men who put on a great show and bounce when they realize they aren't getting a home run at the end of the night. However, there are still plenty of men out there who are willing to put in that extra effort to find a good woman like you.

Maybe you've been on a couple of dates with some of these men, and there wasn't a connection. It seems like it's easier to connect with a bad guy, only to find out that he was putting on a front the whole time.

Life is a marathon not a sprint, remember? Keep your head up and know that Mr. Right will come around. In the mean time, keep learning from every man you date, and don't get impatient or drop your standards. You deserve the best, and there IS a good man out there who wants to find a woman like you to impress and love.

Don't give up! Your patience will pay off, I just know it.

Related:
7 Signs You're in the Wrong Relationship
3 Characteristics of a Beautiful Person
3 Reasons You're Feeling Empty
4 Lessons Learned from Grandma

Did you like this article? Share it!

2 comments:

  1. Spot on. I felt like I would never find a good man and then I met my fiance. Don't give up on dating ladies!! <3 Good men are out there!!

    ReplyDelete